Medical scalp micropigmentation is a non-invasive solution that replicates hair follicles to create the appearance of fuller hair. This procedure that involves tattooing small dots on the scalp to mimic the look of hair follicles.
Safe & Non-Invasive
Scalp micropigmentation is a safe and non-invasive procedure. It does not require any incisions or stitches, and there is no risk of scarring.
Scalp micropigmentation can be more cost-effective than other hair restoration procedures, such as hair transplants or hairpieces.
Scalp micropigmentation can last for several years, depending on individual factors such as skin type and lifestyle.
How it Works
- Five custom colors are used to replicate a natural hair follicle on the average patient.
- Pigments are injected under the skin with three microscopic needles, creating one “follicle” that mimics the patient’s natural pattern.
- The micro pigmentologist achieves positive results by repeating this procedure in the same pattern as the patient’s natural follicles.
- Because this process is non-surgical, there is virtually no recovery time needed. Topical gel after the procedure will help with any discomfort.
Who Can Benefit From Scalp Micropigmentation?
We routinely use medical micropigmentation to treat men and women alike, mimicking the appearance of having hair in areas there is not.
- It’s effective for all degrees of hair loss, restoring hairlines on all sides of the scalp.
- Patients with partial or complete baldness who keep their hair closely cropped see impressive results.
- Micropigmentation can darken the scalp for those with diffuse hair loss or thinning hair.
- It’s ideal for hiding scars from injury or previous hair transplant surgery, as well as birthmarks.
Before and After Photos of Scalp Micropigmentation
Why Choose DiStefano?
DiStefano Hair Restoration Center’s dedicated staff has over 100 years of combined experience.
Our goal is to help all of our patients look and feel their best, whether that’s with micropigmentation or a surgical hair transplant. We work to build strong, long-lasting relationships with our patients and to help them achieve their hair restoration goals. If you’re ready to feel more confident in your hair and yourself, we can help.