How Fast Food Affects Hair Loss
Drive long enough and you’re bound to see a fast food joint – or five – in your travels. And sure, fast food restaurants are great for a quick bite when you’re on the go, or a celebratory burger and shake because your preschooler game home with a gold sticker on his spelling test. But too much fast food, as we know, can have a detrimental impact on your health, including the health of our hair.
Most fast food lacks the important nutrients that our bodies need to be at their best. When consumed frequently or in large amounts, a fast food diet can lead to nutrient deficiencies that, in turn, can lead to hair loss.
Change Your Diet, Keep Your Hair
Eating a variety of well-balanced, nutritious food can improve the look and feel of your hair and reduce hair loss. Here are five key nutrients to include in your diet for a healthier scalp and hair. Of course, we encourage you to consult your trusted healthcare professional before embarking on any dietary changes.
- Iron – Without an adequate supply of iron, your hair can become dry, brittle, and begin to fall out. Leafy greens, nuts, and all-natural red meats are all great ways to add more iron to your diet.
- Biotin – Biotin can be found in sweet potatoes, almonds, avocado, bananas, and peanut butter. It’s known to slow down the balding process and reduce hair loss.
- Vitamin E – Incorporating a healthy dose of vitamin E into your diet can help maintain healthy hair while fostering new hair growth. Vitamin E can be found in olive oil, almonds, avocados, and other foods with a substantial amount of plant fat.
- Vitamin C – In addition to citrus, you can get vitamin C from dark, leafy vegetables, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and more.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Found in fresh fish like salmon, tuna and salmon, omega-3 fatty acids help keep hair looking shiny and full.
Have you already experienced substantial hair loss and are looking for a long-term solution? Then contact DiStefano Hair Restoration Center today to schedule a free consultation where all your question will be answered, and options explained. We look forward to hearing from you.